Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our elf, Hermey

When I heard about this tradition years ago. I thought, how neat! So I researched a little and found out that it's been a tradition more in the northern states for a long long time. Which surprised me because I had NEVER heard I it from anyone I knew. So I went and purchased an elf. I even had a hard time finding one (not like today where there's a kit on every end cap in just about every store). I refuse to spend $30 on that ugly little red string bean elf.  No offense to those of you who did. But , finally I found an elf at Walgreens! It seems like every-time there's something you need you can always find it there. Plug.

So meet our Hermey. You may recognize him from the movie, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Remember he wanted to be a dentist. He's cute, we love him and are glad he doesn't have those string bean arms & legs like all the other elves on shelves.

He will get into all kinds of crazy mischief between now and Christmas. I will add pictures daily to this blog



Convoy



Cutting out toy pictures from a catalog



Rolled Memaw's bathroom


Graffiti in Zoe's art journal



Snow angels on top of the washing machine



Hermey is a bit of a sugar addict


Just trying to help....a little too much.



Hermey thinks marsh-mellows are snowballs!


Trying to go to school




Gone Fishing'


Did a little extra decorating to the tree



Story time


Graffiti on the pictures


Playing dress up in the doll house



Hermey's hungry



Playing babies



Instructing Zoe to make a card or write a note for Santa


Guess Who?


Hermey had a sleepover at Susie's house. They decorated the china cabinet.


Well Hermey has gone back to the North Pole. Zoe is sad to see him go. however I am THRILLED to turn off my nightly 10pm reminder on my phone. Til next year.........

No comments:

Post a Comment